It's estimated that the average person spends up to a half-hour per day in their bathroom. That's more than 180 hours per year! What's more, the bathroom is no longer just a place to bathe and get ready for the day but is increasingly becoming more of a luxury area in the home.
With all this being said, more and more homeowners are investing in truly turning their bathrooms into premium spaces. And contrary to what you may think, you can create this luxury lavatory space without breaking the bank. At Luxury Bath for Less, we have the accessories to upgrade your bathroom. Today we'll cover all of the items you need to know how to design your luxury bathroom space.
What kind of bathroom style are you going for? Are you looking to create a soothing atmosphere? What about something classic? Regardless of color preference, there are a few emerging style trends.
One of them is a monochromatic color scheme, which can help give off a spa-like vibe and truly create a relaxing environment. While neutral colors always work well for such purposes, don't be afraid to think outside the box with some more non-conventional colors and various shades to create this ambiance.
While classic, you also can't go wrong with a white bathroom. Elegant and simple, these types of bathrooms can be styled to resemble those found in high-class hotels. Just make sure that the white paint, vanity, and furniture are complemented by darker rugs, towels, and flooring. If you can tie it all together, it's going to give your bathroom a very luxurious feel.
There are the obvious must-haves when you're going to transform your bathroom. You need a vanity, a bathtub, a toilet, mirrors, and flooring that can bring the entire room together. But oftentimes, it's the little forgotten accessories that can make the biggest difference.
As important as the "big things" are in your bathroom, you also need to focus on the little things like toilet paper holders, faucets, shower fixtures, and towel racks. Your entire bathroom should be in perfect harmony, and the small details are just as important as the big appliances when it comes to the total package.
Bigger Is Better
The larger your bathroom appears, the more luxurious it is going to feel. And while it's often not feasible to add on to an existing bathroom to increase the space, there are ways you can get it to appear and feel bigger without actually increasing its square footage.
Here's a look at some tips and tricks on how to make your bathroom feel more luxurious in both size and space:
- Add mirrors. Mirrors reflect light and patterns and help give any space a larger feel.
- Bright and light. Just as bright rooms are typically more inviting than their darkroom counterparts, bright and light rooms can also help make any space feel bigger as well.
- Clear shower doors. Rather than a shower curtain, consider shower doors. If the doors are transparent, it helps to open up the space and make it look larger.
- Get creative with storage. Rather than taking up floor space with accessories, try to incorporate them in other areas. For instance, consider installing toiletries storage or shelving units above the toilet. Opt for a toilet paper holder that doesn't stand on its own but can integrate into the vanity. Consider a vanity that installs into the bathroom corner (if possible) or a more compact vanity that doesn't take up a ton of space. Even simply adding a shelf above your existing vanity can help increase storage potential and make the room seem larger overall.
- Built-in shower storage. Re-tiling your shower or bath stall? Get creative and build some shelving into the shower. This can become a great place to house shampoo, soap, shaving supplies, and more.
- Freestanding tubs. These bathtubs aren't just classic in their look, but they take up less room than a conventional bath or shower stall.
Contact Luxury Bath for Less
As noted, at Luxury Bath for Less, we're committed to offering high-quality products to help give your bathroom a luxurious look and feel without breaking the bank.
From major accessories like countertops, vanities, washstands, and toilets to smaller components like showerheads, faucets, and towel bars, we have everything you need to take your bathroom to a new, luxurious level. For more information on our product offerings and to learn more about making your bathroom more luxurious, contact Luxury Bath for Less today!